Salable Area Calculations
A. OBJECTS OF DEFINING SALEABLE AREA
- It is the need of the day to have uniform norms to avoid confusions amongst the customers regarding area calculations of area of units and to avoid discrepancies in Saleable area of various schemes in the city.
- To have a better relationship between developers and customers.
- To have clear transparency in our transactions.
- Simplicity in calculating the area for customers.
B. CREDAI -Kolhapur DIRECTOR BODY RECOMMENDATIONS.
After observing the discrepancies in the "Area Statements" of various members of our association, it is decided by the General Body of CREDAI-Kolhapur on 3/06/2006 that, all CREDAI- Kolhapur members must have a common procedure to calculate "Saleable area" for all type of Commercial and Residential units. This will help Developers as well as Customers for clear cut understanding of the area for which the customer has to pay the Developer. Considering these facts, the General Body CREDAI Kolhapur has come to the conclusion to adopt a "Carpet plus fix percentage. pattern"over the normally used "built-up plus proportionate common area pattern".
C. METHOD OF CALCULATION
Definition of Carpet Area:
Carpet area of unit is calculation as internal wall to wall measurements of all Rooms, Internal Passage, Toilets, Store Room etc. (without considering plaster thickness, skirting and column offsets) with addition of the internal area of Balconies and area of projection of Cupboards upto lintel level. No architectural features should be taken in Carpet Area Calculation. Terrace provided at same level should be calculated separately.
Salable Area Commercial Units
COMMERCIAL SHOP / OFFICE UNIT
I) AT GROUND FLOOR AND BASEMENT GODOWNS (UNIT HAVING ROAD FRONTAGE OR INTERNAL) SALEABLE AREA = CARPET AREA OF THE SHOP + 25% For lofts provided in Shop (either 33% or 50% of Shop Area at 7'.00" level) Saleable Area = 50% of Loft Carpet Area (To be added in Shops Area) For Mazanine as approved by Corporation with consuming FSI, shall be calculated as 100% in Saleable Area.
ll)C0MMERCIAL OFFICE UNITS AT UPPER FLOOR. SALEABLE AREA = CARPET AREA + 30% For Terrace to Office Units, same criteria of residential unit shall be adopted
Salable Area Residential UnitsFLATS, BUNGALOWS, DUPLEX, PENT HOUSE, ROW HOUSE ETC.
SALEABLE AREA =CARPET AREA + 30% CARPET
I) Same level terrace having area less than 500 sq. fts shall be counted as 50 % in Saleable Area.
ii) Same level terrace having area less than 500 sq. fts shall be counted as 33 % in Saleable Area
iii) Area of Roof terrace even if sold shall not be included in Sales Area but Lump-Sum amount can be charged,
iv) For Garden Area in Bungalows and Ground floor units. Garden Area = Plot Area (-) Plinth and Porch Area. Garden can be charged at 25% of the Saleable Area of Bungalow. Porch, if accessible from the top shall be charged as 50% of Porch Area. Roof-Top Terrace of Bungalow cannot be charged.
V) The covered car / scooter reserved parking shall be sold separately by charging lump-sum amount. Common Parking should be shown separately in the drawing and shall not be added in Saleable Area Calculation.APPLICABILITY:
- These finalized recommendations shall be applicable to all CREDAI-KOLHAPUR Members Mandatorily.
- No Members shall increase or decrease these ratios or parameters in their Area Statements.
- THESE FINALIZED NORMS SHOULD BE IN FORCE FOR ALL NEW BUILDINGS WHERE SALE HAS NOT BEEN STARTED & OR IN ANY CASE W E. F 1ST JULY, 2006